Position Posting: Waterfront Lifeguard
The Canada East Mission (CEM) is seeking the services of qualified lifeguards for youth and family camps (reunions) for the 2020 camping season. We are hiring waterfront lifeguards. In addition, to serving as lifeguards, each of these individuals will also serve as a staff member at the camps and reunions they attend.
- Loaves and Fishes Reunion June 28th to July 3rd (Ziontario Campgrounds)
- Junior High July 5th to July 11th (Ziontario Campgrounds)
- Kids Camp July 12th to July 16th (Ziontario Campgrounds)
- Healing and Freeing Camp July 18th to July 24th (Ziontario Campgrounds)
- Erie Beach Reunion July 25th to August 1st (Erie Beach Campgrounds)
- Noronto Reunion August 8th to August 15th (Noronto Campgrounds)
- Senior High August 15th to August 22nd (Noronto Campgrounds)
Additional Retreat Date:
CEM Conference Aug 28th to Aug 30th (Ziontario Campgrounds)
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter: March 27th, 2020.
(Applicants considered will be contacted for a phone interview)
♦ Preferably 18 years of age
♦ Training and experience in waterfront activities
♦ One of the following lifeguard/lifesaving certifications:
o The National Lifeguard Service’s registered lifeguard certificate (NLS)
o The Royal Life Saving Society’s Canada Bronze Cross
♦ Current CPR and first aid certification
♦ Knowledgeable of Provincial law regulating waterfront activity (Provincial Reg. 568: Sections 33, 34, 35, 36, and 37)
♦ Ability to maintain a safe and orderly waterfront with both children and adult swimmers
♦ Willingness to participate as staff member at event in support roles which do not interfere with the primary responsibility of being a lifeguard
♦ Good character, integrity, professionalism. and adaptability
♦ Enthusiasm, sense of humour, patience, and self-control
♦ “Registered Youth Worker” or “Registered Youth Worker Assistant”
♦ Be available to attend the Lifeguard Training day date to be announced.
Transportation: Personal transportation will be required for all camps/reunions.
Submit cover letter (with all contact information) and resume to: Tamara Wright at email@example.com
community of christ
355 Elmira Road North, Unit 129
Guelph, ON N1K 1S5 Canada
Canada West Mission: 877-411-2632
Canada East Mission: 888-411-7537